- Rationally integrate the series of modules or subjects that contain the knowledge that the professional appraiser must possess at this time that the bachelor´s degree graduate does not possess.
- Provide the student with the theoretical and practical instruments to face the analysis of different kinds of problems of valuation of all types of goods and propose solutions that meet the conceptual and legal requirements of well-founded and sustainable valuations.
- Develop in the student the research skills required to solve every valuation problem.
- Familiarize the student with local,regional, national and international sources that generate useful and interesting information for valuation, how to access them and achieve their best use.
- Induce the student to the use of the equipment and electronic programs currently available for the development of the professional work of the valuation and to awake in him the interest in the development of new programs that allow to make more efficient the work of those who work in this professional discipline.
- To become a program of excellence that gives prestige to the University.
- To train competent assessment professionals, with a broad theoretical knowledge base, solid ethical training and a high awareness of professional responsibility. To form a cadre of professors who will constitute the nucleus of a center of study and development of valuation in Mexico.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the progress of the evaluation and other evaluation professionals through extension and education activities.
- Lay the foundations for the development of formal research programs in the field of valuation at the University, with local, national and international focus.
The Master´s program in Valuation is within the National Quality Graduate Program (PNPC) of the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT). This program has an antecedent of Specialty in Valuation that was in force in our same faculty of Economics and International Relations from 1992 to 2007. This program arises from the perception of the need for training specialists in a skill that we take a fundamental view to better underpin economic and social development in the northeast of Mexico and the Baja California state in particular.
The years of validity of the specialty allowed to expand the human and material heritage of sustaining the Master´s program in a good way. The Academic Basic Core of the program is tangible proof of the above, in addition to the academic strength is also increased thanks to the contribution of various educational institutions and organizations related to the area of valuation with which the program maintains collaboration agreements.
The curriculum of the master´s degree was structured following a unique model in the country for the updating of graduates of the specialty in valuation and the formation of the graduate students with a complete view of this discipline. In these conditions the program contains subjects that allow the student to know the main areas of application of the valuation: urban real estate, agriculture, plant and machinery and businesses, among others.
At the end of the program our students must master the knowledge that allows them to apply to the valuation of urban real estate, and the student will have the theoretical and philosophical bases to enter the formal study of the valuation of other types of goods, such as agriculture, plant and machinery, companies, works of art, as well as to delve into more delicate areas of valuation, such as insurance and damage, among others.
Calzada Universidad #14418, Parque Industrial Internacional Tijuana, Tijuana, B.C., 22427
+52 (664) 979-7505 Ext. 54740 y 54741
|Get in touch
Dra. Erika Chávez Nungaray